We hosted our Annual Vision Board Workshop last Thursday. I thoroughly enjoyed spending time with everyone and loved watching visions come alive as women collaged.
It is not too late to make your own vision board!
If you would like to get some clarity and create your own vision board, here are some tips to get you started.
- Gather all your materials (poster board, glue stick, scissors, magazines, journal and pen) first. Find a space where you can spread out and not be interrupted.
- Spend some quiet time in meditation. At our workshop, I guided a visualization that included reviewing the past year. The key is to stay curious opposed to entering into a space of critiquing or judging. Pretend you are watching your past year on a movie screen. I find whatever distance I can put between myself and past events gives me more objectivity.
- Journal about what you noticed from your quiet time. During our workshop, I offered the following writing prompts:
- Which healing practices/modalities have been the most important? What did they uncover?
- Which of your projects (work or pleasure) have been the most important or meaningful to you?
- What are you curious about?
- What areas of your life do you feel the need to declutter or reorganize?
- What resources are most valuable or important to you?
- If you could make one thing happen in this coming year, what would it be?
- Now clear your mind and begin to look through magazines. Tear out any images that speak to you. As much as possible, go with the impulse. This is not a thinking exercise!
- After gathering all your images, begin to arrange and then affix them to the poster board. Stay in the flow. It may help to play music or drink a cup of tea as you put together your vision board. This is not a time to analyze what you are doing.
- Hang your vision board in a place where you can re-visit it throughout the year. Notice what is unfolding within and without you.
Let me know how the process went for you or if you want any support. I love helping women find and manifest their vision!