Over the last decade, brain science has grown exponentially with lots of new information about how our brains work and respond to our environment. This new information has many applications: giving us tools to manage anxiety, create a growth mindset and heal from trauma.
All this information may leave you feeling overwhelmed and wondering if you need a degree in neuroscience to understand how this information can help you. Wouldn’t it be nice to have a primer: a class that simplifies the science and gives you tools (and the time to practice them) so you can immediately start benefiting from the science?
Look no further. In Brain Change, you will discover:
- why your brain is geared toward negativity and how to compensate for the bias
- how your brain responds to trauma and how to recover from it
- why humans are social animals and how to leverage our innate need for connection
- how to cultivate more compassion and empathy for self and others, and why this matters
- how to increase our attention and create more mental space to manage our constantly changing world
This six-week course is for anyone who wants to decrease their suffering and is ready to cultivate more mental peace and emotional intelligence.
The class is co-ed.
This 6-week series begins February 20 and goes through April 2 (we skip Feb. 27) from 6:00 pm – 8:00 PM. No late registrations will be accepted after we begin.
This course is limited to 10 people.
$240 for the 6-week series.
Feel free to email with any questions.
MEET YOUR TEACHER:
Kim Bushore Maki, the founder of Shakti in the Mountains, is supporting and building a healthy, vibrant community. She guides retreats, teaches yoga, and provides one-on-one services for women who want an immersion experience into the life-affirming, Shakti energy.
Kim’s training as a therapist and yoga teacher allows her to safely and compassionately guide women on a heart-centered journey to Self, where women re-connect with their beautiful, authentic spirit.